Roasting some chicken tonight but looking for a new flavor for your chicken? Well, Polar's got you! We just found a way to incorporate a superfood into your roasted chicken: Polar Organic Black Garlic!
Scroll Down to See Recipe Video ⬇️
Organic Black Garlic Roasted Chicken Ingredients:
- 1 whole chicken, giblets removed
- ½ cup (~113 g) butter, room temperature
- 8-10 Organic Polar whole black garlic bulbs (or substitute with 4 tbsp of Polar black garlic puree)
- 1 large lemon, halved
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbs dried or fresh chopped parsley
- 5-8 fresh 4 inch rosemary sprigs
- Or your favorite herbs!
Organic Black Garlic Roasted Chicken Instructions:
- Get the chicken ready by removing giblets, removing neck, excess fat, and left-over feathers, and then pat dry with paper towels.
- Mash butter, black garlic, fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper together in a bowl evenly mixed.
- Sprinkle a generous amount of salt inside the chicken.
- With cleaned or gloved hands, season chicken liberally with garlic mixture, inside cavity, under skin, and over skin.
- For best results, let the chicken sit uncovered in fridge for at least 1 hour to let the seasoning permeate the chicken, the longer the better up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 430F in a regular oven or 400F if using a small oven (like we did).
- Stuff cavity with herbs and squeezed lemon.
- Place breast-side up onto roasting pan. Roast for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until internal chicken temperature reaches 165 F, basting halfway through cooking time.
- Baste again, then broil for 2-3 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from oven, cover with foil and allow to stand 10 minutes before serving. Drizzle remaining pan juices and cut remaining lemon half into wedges for serving.
- Let chicken rest for 15 - 20 minutes before serving.
Black Garlic isn’t your typical pungent spicy garlicy garlic. It’s naturally cured to the point where it becomes a bit sweeter yet savory taste! People say it has 2x antioxidants than regular garlic! #superfood